|Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions for the sale of goods (`the Conditions’) will govern all contracts for sale that we, enter into with you, the Customer, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Please read these Conditions carefully.
1. These Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2. We will aim to deliver your equipment within 10 days. Portable scooters and small items should arrive within 5 days. If the item you order is not in stock and we can not meet the deadline, we will call you to advise you and give you the option of a refund.
3. We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these Conditions. You are deemed to accept the Conditions when you place an order for goods with us and you are asked before placing the order to tick to confirm they have been accepted.
4. VAT Zero Rating - We do not charge VAT on all qualifying products provided the person buying/being bought for qualifies for VAT exemption. We only require a signed declaration stating that you wish to claim VAT exemption (zero rating) as the product is needed to assist with your/or the person you are buying for with a long term chronic disability. The form must be downloaded from this site and you must tick to confirm you will return the form signed to us WITHIN 10 days from the date of order. If the form is not returned you accept that we must charge the VAT.
5. Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will obviously refund any money already paid by you for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply goods. We can never be sure of what product our suppliers hold in stock or what they by be discontinuing.
6. Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptions, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods.
7. All our products come with a full 12-month warranty against faulty manufacture or materials, backed by the manufacturers themselves. Any warranty repairs must be returned to us for work to be undertaken; you will need to arrange delivery and collection from us at your cost. Original packaging must be used to ensure safe return of the scooter. (This condition does not apply to our Platinum Service).
8. There are the following general warranty exclusions: Parts which need adjustment, re-setting, replacement or repair due to abuse, fair wear & tear or to suit the individual needs of the user i.e. Tyres, lap belts, bulbs, plastic shrouds and upholstery (damaged post receipt), motor brushes, normal battery degradation, wheelchair brake adjustment, circuit breaker resetting, resetting user-induced problems on riser-recliners – cleared by disconnecting/re-connecting hand control etc. or maintenance requirements caused by carelessness or accidental damage such as flat batteries or punctures. Where call-outs occur for such items the purchaser will remain liable for the call-out, parts and labour costs and /or collection and deliver of the scooter. If no fault is found with equipment returned under warranty the customer will pay for return carriage plus £30.00 to cover the testing of the equipment. Payment must be made before the scooter is returned.
9. All goods purchased from PC Mobility Services Ltd are at the request of the purchaser. As we are not in a position to assess your needs from a remote location we cannot ensure that a product you choose is suitable for your personal use, this must be your decision. We are happy to offer advice based on our many years of experience but the final selection is your responsibility. Any information offered by any member of our staff, either on the phone or online, is for general guidance purposes only. If in doubt please consult your Doctor, Specialist or OT.
10. In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, PC Mobility Services Ltd gives customers a 14 day “cooling off” period from the delivery date in which orders can be returned. Goods, other than faulty goods, may be returned within 14 working days of the date of receipt by you of the goods. As you can appreciate, all such goods must be returned in an `as new’ condition complete with packaging and all accessories, with the packaging unopened. Unfortunately, goods which do not comply with this condition may not be returned. Where goods are returned in accordance with this provision, we will happily reimburse any money already paid by you, excluding any delivery costs incurred by us. Once a scooter has left our offices, if the customer chooses not to sign for the goods, they will be charged for the return shipment of the goods. We shall reimburse you within 30 days of our receipt of the returned goods.
Stairlifts are bespoke/customised products, made to measure and cut to length by us or the manufacturer. They are setup and fixed to the stairs in your home, therefore they can not be cancelled once ordered.
11. As you can appreciate, we shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
12. As soon as we have delivered the goods to you, you will be responsible for them. When we deliver the goods we will require you to sign for them. If the goods are damaged, please note “damaged” on the delivery note you will be asked to sign, writing “unexamined” or unchecked on the receipt will not suffice.
13. Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end at the time the carrier tried to deliver the goods to you. If we have arranged a day for delivery with you and you are not available to receive the order you will be charged for the delivery at cost.
14. IMPORTANT NOTICE: time limit for notification of claims. Any damage to the goods must be notified to our office within 24 hours of receipt. If damaged goods returned are found not to be defective and in full working order, they will be returned to you. An administration fee of 15% of the price of the goods, along with the cost of carriage will be charged to you, to cover the costs we have incurred.
15. The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increases in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the prices published for the goods on our website are wrong. We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
16. All goods must be paid for in full before an order can be dispatched. You have the choice of paying by Pay pal, Credit Card, Debit card or cheque (cheque will delay the order approximately 5 days as we must have cleared funds before release of the order). As you can appreciate, we can not accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
17. All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and exclusive of VAT and delivery charges.
18. The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in Wales and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. We will however endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 2 working days. If you have a complaint please contact us with this email form.
19. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. Any such change shall not affect any contract existing between us at the time of such change.